Central Technical Unit, Directorate General for Cooperation and Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, via S. Contarini 25,00194
Rome - Italy
- to diversify production,
- to distribute labour and harvest better throughout the year as well as distribute tasks among the different components of the household (HH),
- to recycle waste products within the system, preventing nutrient losses,
- to minimize the risk and the effects of livestock and crop pests;
- to improve indigenous husbandry techniques and knowledge, hence
- to intensify and control more efficiently input - output flows, increasing productivity and minimizing risks.