European Parliament Conference: Cartoon Democracy – Authoritarian Rule and Elections in Ethiopia Altiero Spinelli Building, Room 3G3 European Parliament, Brussels Thursday 23 April 2015 09:00 – 12:30
- To support the establishment of a genuine democratic order that is based on genuine representation of the will of the people in Ethiopia, regardless of belief or political views
- To pressure the Ethiopian government to lift the aid and trade embargo and stop using rape as weapon of war in Ogaden; and desist from all acts that violates the democratic and human rights of all peoples in Ethiopia.
- To support the liberation fronts and oppositionparties in forming a viable democratic alternative to the authoritarian regime in Addis Ababa in order to prevent the impendingcatastrophe whereby all the peoples in Ethiopia opt to seek help from violent extremists after despairing from any help or remedy from the international order and community
- To support the peoples in Ethiopia instead of the tyrannical regime that is using international aid to further its control and hegemony in the whole Horn of Africa.
- To raise the issue of land grabbing in both the agricultural lands and the pastures in Ogaden for oil exploration, corporate agriculture, environmentally unfriendly mega-projects such as dams or pipelines with appropriate bodies that help end such practices